Australian Working Holiday Visa Most Asked Labourer Questions

So you made it all the way Sydney Australia and you either had an amazing last couple of months traveling or just have got to Sydney with all good intention of traveling but have just partied till your funds have got to the stage where you have to dust off your work boots and go get some work.
Here at Dragon Labour Hire we assist a lot of 417/462 working holiday visa holders to generate an income while on their year or two working holiday of a lifetime.
We are often asked a number questions regarding the working restrictions so please see below some answers to the most asked.

How long is a working holiday maker visa valid?
Once you have applied and been accepted for your working holiday visa you have 12 months to arrive in Australia and you are allowed to stay for 12 months from the date you enter Australia.

How long can I with one employer?
Six months from the day you start your first day, no ifs no buts. We often get people saying we only worked a couple days a week but no that still counts. Leaving and coming back is slightly different but you will have to prove there wasn’t continuous employment with that certain company but on the other hand small holidays still go towards the six months. The good news is if you get you second years working holiday visa it resets.

Aren’t Dragon Labour Hire my employer?
Yes and no. For most work related purposes we are your employer but for your visa obligations we aren’t and that sits with the company you are physically working directly at.

What is the Second Working Holiday Visa and how do I get it?
To be eligible to apply, you must hold or have previously held a Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa, and have completed three months specified work in regional areas of Australia while on your first Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa. The main requirement for a second visa is that you have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia and the good news is being a tradie your skills are very transferable and you’ll have most of the PPE already.
Specified work can be:
• Plant and animal cultivation
• Fishing and pearling
• Tree farming and felling
• Mining
• Construction

Once you have done your three months of regional work you can let us know at Dragon Labour Hire Sydney as you are eligible to work for a further 12 months and there might be a chance of returning to your previous employer for another six months or we’ll try our best to find you another Labour role.

Dragon Labour Hire are specialist in supplying skilled and ticketed candidates to our clients in the Sydney construction market. If you have any questions regarding our services please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02 9939 2550
If you have any questions regarding Working Holiday Visa’s please contact Australian Department Of Immigration and Border Protection

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.